Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The God Of Yes, Even Our Coffee!

Good morning sisters! I am so excited about the day ahead of us... JD and I are running ABLAZE tonight, and cannot wait. Tuesdays are so long for us, but in a way they re-energize me because I get to see all of my girls! Oh, how I love you ladies. I don't have a ton of time this morning, but I just had to share this with you - how blessed I am by the fact that God gave us coffee! Sounds a little crazy right... well, let me explain:
You see, almost every morning when I wake up, my first thought is "coffee". Now, as I have been diving into and studying scripture so much more lately, I have had a true conviction about my desire for my morning coffee. And as a result, I have been and will continue to be praying that my first morning thoughts will be about God way before coffee. Are you with me on this one, are you getting what I'm saying? There are so many things in life that are so important to us, and that we make into a daily routine or habit, and I am suggesting that we work together sisters to put God ahead of all that - to want Him, and need Him, and make Him our daily routine or habit. I want to get to the point in my life where I can wake up with my mind of Jesus, not coffee! Oh what a step that will be! :)
So girls... lets do it - lets praise God for creating coffee... lets not praise the coffee (or whatever external item it is that you place extreme value in). Remember that I love you and am praying for you!


Always With Love,
Susan Elaine

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It's been awhile....I miss your astute insights