Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spoken Blessings

Good Morning Lovelies! I can't even imagine how beautiful you look on the other side of that screen! I pray that you are getting into His Word and feeling God's spirit as alive and active in your every day life.

We are so lucky that our house has these huge, glass, floor-to-ceiling windows in the living room - which looks out to our tree-filled back yard. It is simply my favorite place to be... looking out these windows at how amazing our God is and how he paints each tree with individual perfection. Do me a favor and take a moment today just looking around at God's creation before all the leaves fall!

In my Bible study we are talking this week about the spoken word and how powerful it is. Today's particular lesson is about blessing others, and I couldn't help but think of how much you girls would love to hear Today's Treasure... It comes from Ephesians 1:3 and says "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."

How amazing is that? I feel truly blessed by a God who WANTS TO BLESS US!!! As my teacher suggests, and as I will now suggest to you, let's use this day to speak words of blessing to the people closest to us. Have you ever noticed that the people we love most are often to ones we take everything out on? Well let's take on a new habit together of lifting up, supporting, and speaking blessings to those that are closest to us. My hope is that if we can do it with those we are most real with, we will be able to speak blessings upon anyone and everyone!

I love you Ladies!

No comments: