Monday, June 1, 2009

New Places and New Faces

Hello Darlings!

I literally only have minutes to chat with you, but I wanted to thank you all for your prayers this past weekend! Yesterday, JD and I announced to our church congregation that we would be leaving them and moving to a new church. Wow - it was incredibly hard. Working as the youth ministers at my home church has been such a blessing to JD and I and we have loved the students so much over the past few years, but there are times when God just has different plans than we do I guess! It is bittersweet to leave my hometown, but I am so excited about the opportunity that God has placed before us. In fact, I want to share with you the verse that we shared with our church yesterday - it is Revelation 3:7-8 "...What He opens no one can shut, and what He shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut..."

Ladies, I encourage you today to pray about where you are in life versus where it is that God wants you to be. In fact, I want to share with you some incredible words of wisdom - - the first time JD and I sat down with our new senior Pastor, Dwight Mason, he said to us, "I know that am living dead center in the middle of God's will for my life." - How awesome is that?!

Ladies we need to be able to say that very same thing with certainty in our hearts! I will pray for you today that if you are not living in the middle of God's will for your life, that He will open a God sized door - just as He did for us!

All My Love,
Susan Elaine

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Will you continue to update us on how you are doing - personally, professionally, and spiritually? I have gained so much insight from reading your blogs and hope you will continue!