Friday, December 30, 2011

Praise People


People need it. Time after time we receive conflict from others, and that can wear down on our spirits. I mean, let’s face it, people in our lives are very quick to pass judgment and let us know something that they don’t like about us… but not always quick to stand up and let us know that we are doing a good job.

Have you been there with me?  For some reason, lately, our family has come up against a lot of conflict. Obviously Satan is feeling pressure (which is a good thing), and so He’s trying to work in our lives to make us less effective in what we are doing to spread the Gospel.  But none-the-less, conflict is a hard thing to deal with in life…

Now, check this out – all of this conflict has been heavy on my heart for a while now. And just the other day, my husband gave a message that said this:

“Sometimes I believe God doesn’t let us get reassurance from people because he doesn’t want me to put my faith in myself. He wants me to put my faith in HIM.”

Isn’t that so true? Isn’t it true that when someone comes up and says, “You’re doing a really great job at ______.” – we can instantly take that praise and give ourselves credit for our success, instead of giving it to our God who makes all things possible?

Dear one, today I urge you – tell someone that they’re doing a good job, that you love them, that they are a success. And then remind them that all good things come from Christ himself – that we can do nothing apart from Christ – that we are here on this earth for one reason: to love God.

1 comment:

Kelly Barger said...

No truer words said girl. :)